Green Tea Tablets
Green tea has been used for centuries in Asia for its many health benefits, but in the modern 21st century, many
prefer green tea extract tablets.
Why? Well, there are a couple answers to that:
1) unless it's purified some, and it is by some tea makers, which causes it to lose a lot of its potency, it's
rather bitter tasting (we add honey to ours and this helps tremendously).
2) green tea are more convenient.
3) taking a all-in-one, comprehensive supplement that already has green tea concentrate extract in it is cheaper
than taking it separately. Plus, there's another benefit: many of the compounds in green tea extracts
works synergistically well with other compounds.
Green tea also usually are decaffeinated. Under the cautions & warnings section, we discuss this more in
depth. However, there's another compelling reason to use green tea extract tablets: studies show that those
who take green tea products actually have more sustainable levels of green tea's native polyphenols called
EGCG. This "superstar
antioxidant" helps to scavenge free radicals throughout the body.
If green tea had no other feature than this, it would be worthwhile to take on a daily basis. Why? Because free
radicals are responsible for aging and green tea compounds help to prevent that, not to mention its other
incredible health benefits.
Specific Benefits of Green Tea Extract
Besides widely reported thermogenic (fat burning) capabilities, there are the core benefits of green tea pills
tablets that you should be aware of. Green tea is here to stay and deservedly so. It's key benefits are:
1. Helps prevent cancer through its antioxidant EGCG, which sets in motion a process termed apoptosis.
At the Mayo Clinic, the main polyphenol in green tea (EGCG) stops the
growth of prostate cancer cells and in higher concentrations actually destroys them. A study at
Case Western Reserve University found this as well. It helps treat arthritis as well.
2. At a study at in Switzerland, "men who took green tea extract burned more calories, including fat
3. It should be noted, however, that they also had a "weight maintenance diet" as well. Certainly Green tea for
weight loss is one capability, but it also is found to be a powerful antioxidant. Free
radicals are largely responsible for aging and some scientists attribute their presence to degenerative diseases
like heart disease and various cancers.
4. Green tea has naturally occurring fluoride, unlike the synthetic and harmful sodium fluoride in toothpaste,
and this helps prevent tooth decay and helps heal gum infections.
5. Green tea extract tablets help reduce blood pressure and promote lower cholesterol levels.
Cautions & Warnings
Be advised that green tea has caffeine. The health benefits of green tea are tremendous but for those who want
to avoid caffeine, and it's understandable as to why, make sure you obtain decaffeinated green tea. Green tea,
which is made from green tea concentrate, has approximately 40 milligrams for every 8 ounces.
However, decaffeinated green tea extract tablets can be found (this is what we take although we do drink green
tea as a herbal tea every now and then as well).
Caffeine is actually classified as a stimulant with a number of side effects, plus it's addictive. Pregnant
and/or nursing women should always limit their intake of any substances with caffeine. Consult
with your doctor if you're unsure.
Some supplement makers are aware of the growing health issues with caffeine and deliberately decaffeinate the
green tea extract tablets. Of course, some will want green tea with caffeine and that's certainly your choice.
Choosing Quality Green Tea Extract
1. The supplements should be produced at pharmaceutical standard
GMP registered facilities. Such facilities are the standards the FDA requires of
pharmaceutical companies in the U.S.
2. Ensure the supplement manufacturer has a Certificate of Analysis (COA) on file for review by you the customer
thus confirming the potency of the herbal ingredients listed on the label.
3. Make sure the green tea extract is made from standardized extracts. Standardized
extracts capture the core, active ingredients that are responsible for its therapeutic capabilities. Many companies
don't use standardized extracts as it's less expensive to do so. Standardized extracts also allow you to get the
consistency of the potency inherent to the herb.
Quality Green Tea Extracts
A company based in New Zealand has a multivitamin supplement with green tea product that meets all the above criteria. This
vitamin supplement has not only decaffeinated standardized green tea extracts but it has
over 90 vitamins, minerals, a full array of antioxidants, enzymes, and trace
The health benefits of green tea are all found in this scientifically formulated nutraceutical.
I mentioned New Zealand deliberately for the regulatory requirements for supplements there
exceeds even the U.S. FDA for pharmaceutical medications.
I recommend taking your green tea concentrate as part of a supplement that has more than one health giving
ingredients as it's less expensive to do so.
Yours in health,